Sara R.
Okay, here comes the hard part...
I have a lot of skills, I know that, but it's going to be narrowing down those skills to create something successful that's going to be the hard part. I'm really good at picking up new software or reading tutorials and learning how to code new stuff quickly and efficiently.

I know how to use Flash, code with some Actionscript 2 and Actionscript 3, but I can learn and follow whatever it is I don't know how. I built a flash web site with externally loaded dynamic content for my final for that class, so I'm not worried about trying to implement some good flash pieces.

I'm really strong in HTML and CSS. I can implement Javascript, but I can't write it. I can use php, but I can't write that either.

I think I have a really strong design sense, so I can create something that's interactive (web 2.0) and something that's a little bit messy (me).

I also have some raw video editing skills, what I've learned from the Digital Video/Audio class. So some Final Cut Pro stuff, but again, that's what new tutorials are for.

I'm good with vectors, and photoshop brushes, and pixel art, and a lot of things digital. I can take photographs, though I wouldn't say I excel at it. I can illustrate by hand, but I'm better with full-shaded still life pieces.

I can do print work, in InDesign, or Photoshop, or Word.

But my strongest skill, is that I'm not afraid to try something new.

What I'd like to do is something messy. Like a spilled cardboard box that has elements that can be dragged around the page. Like a shoe, or a bowling ball, or pieces of a board game. I'd like to make it so each of those clicked opens up a lightbox that shows some gallery shots of my work, and provides an outside link to my live pages. I can code it in Actionscript or in CSS, and I can do it either photographically, taking my own photos, or vector-illustrated making my own new graphic pieces. But some kind of mess, and something that "pushes me out of the box."
0 Responses

Post a Comment